Highlights of the GreenTech Americas Conference
During the GreenTech Americas Conference programme, leading (inter)national experts focus on optimizing crops in a controlled environment. At GreenTech Americas are the latest technologies and innovations of the industry in the region of Americas. From Tuesday, March 21 through Thursday, March 23, 200 companies and 2,400 professionals will be present on the show floor in Querétaro Congress Center (QCC), Mexico.
Conference Programme - highlights
Tuesday 21 March
- 12:00 – 13:00: ‘Alternative crops and opportunities in the controlled environment agriculture sector’ by Sonny Moerenhout (Cultivators), María Pérez Vázquez (OLEOFLOR), Erick Ponce (ICAN LATAM), Juan Gabriel Succar (Verde Compacto) and moderated by Mariana Larrea (Santuario Uh May).
- 15:30 – 16:30: ‘It is not about high-tech, it's about the right-tech: The experience of Agropark Querétaro and Agropark Honduras’ by Saul Baez (Agropark Greenhouse Association), Ricardo Lardizabal (AgroAlpha, Honduras) and moderated by Homero Ontiveros (AgTech América).
Wednesday 22 March
- 10:00 – 11:00: ‘Digital agriculture: How data collection and artificial intelligence are helping growers to increase productivity’ by Celene Solis (WayBeyond), Martin Helmich (Hoogendoorn Growth Management) and moderated by Pharis Rico (HortiConnect NL).
- 11:00 – 12:00: ‘Human resources: Strategies for the selection, training and retention of employees’ by Carlos Arteaga (Rancho Medio Kilo) and moderated by Georgius R. Gotsis (Eleven Rivers Grower).
- 12:30 – 13:30: Keynote Silke Hemming (Wageningen University & Research) will talk about: ‘The road to autonomous greenhouses': 1: The greenhouse industry plays an important role in the supply of fresh produce. However operators have to make many decisions to achieve high yields with good product quality and at the right time. 2: Also managing crop production using all resources (water, energy, labour) efficiently is becoming increasingly important. The right greenhouse equipment, sensor technology and artificial intelligence (AI) achieve advances that make growers' work easier.
- 15:00 – 16:00: ‘How private investment is changing the perception of the controlled environment agriculture industry and investment opportunities’ by Claudio García Salgó (AGreenVesting), Andrés Vázquez Lamont (Farm Capital), Juan Carlos Alderete Macal (Grupo Financiero Banorte) and moderated by Pablo Ricaud (Rising Farms).
- 16:00 – 17:00: ‘State of the industry: What are the threats and opportunities in the regional and global controlled environment agriculture industry’ by Georgius R. Gotsis (Eleven Rivers Grower), Guillermo Jiménez (AMHPAC), Tyrone Orozco (CJT Traders) and moderated by Oscar Woltman (MagicSun Farms).
Check out the full conference programme at https://www.greentech.nl/
Partners of the event
The event is supported by the Asociación Mexicana de Horticultura Protegida A.C. (AMHPAC); the Centro Universitario CEICKOR; the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands; among other prestigious organizations and institutions, which will provide a greater exchange of knowledge, experiences and success stories among industry suppliers from Mexico and other countries.
About GreenTech Americas
GreenTech Americas is part of the GreenTech portfolio and focuses on Mexico as well as the rest of the Americas. The goal is to meet the specific needs of growers, breeders and suppliers. GreenTech Americas enables a greater exchange of knowledge, experiences, and success stories of the horticultural industry in this region. The show is organized by RAI Amsterdam and Tarsus México. More information at www.greentech.nl/americas/.
About GreenTech Amsterdam
GreenTech Amsterdam will be held from Tuesday 13 – Thursday 15 June 2023. The exhibition is a global meeting place for all horticultural technology professionals with the focus on the early stages of the horticultural chain and the current issues growers face. GreenTech is supported by AVAG, the industry association for the greenhouse technology sector in the Netherlands. More information via www.greentech.nl or follow Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube.