The U.S. Mushroom Council is launching a month-long campaign in September aimed at boosting consumption.
Each weekday in September will showcase ideas for incorporating mushrooms in meals. These include:
• “Meal Prep Mondays” kicks off each week with the culinary influencer debuting a new meal-prep recipe featuring mushrooms.
• Tuesdays will feature foodie influencer Melissa d’Arabian of It’s Tuesday Night Somewhere hosting Facebook Lives spotlighting her favorite mushroom dishes.
• Wednesday becomes “Blendsday” when the Mushroom Council showcases mushroom blend content from Bon Appétit, including recipe videos and tips.
• Thursdays will feature influential dietitians sharing their favorite mushroom recipes and tips - from blended family favorites to various ways to enjoy mushrooms throughout the day.
• Foodie Friday finds Mushroom Council partnering with fellow food associations – American Egg Board, USA Pulses, Idaho Potato Commission and National Pork Board – spotlighting delicious ways mushrooms pair with other favorite foods.
“Mushrooms should be a fixture on your grocery list, and we’ve set out to prove it during Mushroom Month,” said Bart Minor, president and CEO of the Mushroom Council.
“We are grateful for the many influencers and organizations that are partnering with us to help reveal how mushrooms are part of the answer for any meal.”