Sao Paulo oranges squeeze 19.3% growth -

Sao Paulo oranges squeeze 19.3% growth

Featured Top Stories Top Stories
Sao Paulo oranges squeeze 19.3% growth

Brazil's largest orange-growing state of Sao Paulo expects production of the fruit to increase by 19.3% this season to 354,980,000 cartons, Agencia Brasil reported.

Brazilian Citrus Production Chain Sector Chamber president Marco Antônio dos Santos, said 75% of the crop had already been negotiated for buyers, the agency reported.

Sao Paulo accounts for 90% of Brazil's orange production while 85% of its harvest usually goes into juice processing, while the remaining 15% is sold as fresh produce, the story reported.

The country's National Supply Company (CONAB) said the increase was due to favorable weather, the use of technology and the high density of new plantations, the agency reported.

Related stories: Brazil expects stable orange prices despite boom

Brazil's orange seed demand skyrockets

Subscribe to our newsletter